The WSET® Level 2 Award in Spirits
Who should attend?
The Level 2 Award in Spirits course underpins the skills needed in all areas of the spirits trade – customer service, hospitality, retail and wholesale. The course is also appropriate for students who are not employed in the drinks industry and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way.
How will you benefit?
The course aims to give comprehensive training in spirits and liqueurs and covers the history, production and styles of principal spirits and liqueurs. Each session includes a comparative product tasting.
The Level 2 Award in Spirits is supported by the world’s major spirits companies.
- the Spirits Market
- Brandy, Scotch Whisky, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Tequila
- Gin and other flavoured spirits
- Liqueurs and fruit spirits
- the sale and service of spirits
- how to taste spirits using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits
To gain the Level 2 qualification candidates will be required to:
- a multiple choice paper of 50 questions
(N.B. Instruction, exam and course material in the English language)
*Please note that as of the 1st of August 2019, the WSET® Level 2 in Wines and Spirits will only be covering wines and their production. For knowledge on Spirits and their production, the course, WSET® Level 2 in Spirits is the course to register for.
Included in the course price are: – The course material, the spirits samples, the Wine and Spirit Education Trust examination (recognised in over 70 countries in the World), the teaching, as well as access to our study support site during the course of study
Required prior knowledge: – None, of benefit, the WSET® Level 1 Award in Spirits or the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
(N.B. if you are not sure, contact us, so that we can help you choose the course level according to your needs and objectives).
Guided learning hours: – It is recommended that a candidate should allocate a minimum of 28 hours of study to successfully complete the full programme. The hours will usually be a combination of taught and private study time. It is recommended that the teaching delivery time is no less than 12 hours
Learning outcomes – at the end of this course, the candidate will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the key factors influencing the production of spirits and liqueurs and how these factors influence the characteristics of spirits and liqueurs
- display a basic understanding of the world and local markets for spirits and liqueurs, and explain the importance of branding in the spirits and liqueurs market
- describe the characteristics of the principal international spirits and liqueurs
- produce tasting notes using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits
- use knowledge to make recommendations for the selection, service and use of spirits and liqueurs
- understand the social and health issues relating to spirits and liqueurs
Progression routes – on successful completion of the Level 2 Award in Spirits, the candidate will be able to progress to:
Certificate in Fruit Spirits (clear): – This course offers focused coverage of all the fruit spirit styles and end use of the identified products together with tasting technique
Our Operations Management Courses:
- Advanced Wine Service Skills
- Beverage and Wine List Development
- Performance Analysis for Wine and Beverage Lists
- Manage Cellar and Beverage Operations
For the course price, follow this link…