The course is aimed at all students with basic wine knowledge but who require a more specific knowledge in Swiss wine than that offered by the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits.
How will you benefit?
The course objective is to offer an intermediate level of knowledge in the specialised area of Swiss wine.
- the main white wine grape varieties
- the main red wine grape varieties
- the main rosé grape varieties
- reading the wine label
- food and wine matching
- wine tasting using the WSET® Level 2 systematic approach to tasting© wine
To gain this qualification, the candidates will be required to successfully complete:
Unit I (Theory)
- thirty (30) multiple choice questions.
Duration of the time-constrained exercise:
- forty-five (45) minutes.
The examination will be marked by l’école du vin Sàrl in Switzerland
Required prior knowledge for course: – WSET® Level 1 Award in Wines or equivalent. An advantage: WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
Guided learning hours: – It is recommended that the teaching time for the course is no less than 6 hours and should be no more than 9 hours
Learning outcomes – at the end of this course the candidate will be able to:
- describe in general terms viticulture and vinification in Switzerland
- identify and describe the characteristics of the main grape varieties cultivated in Switzerland
- produce tasting notes using the WSET® Level 2 systematic approach to tasting
- provide information and advice on the correct storage and service of Swiss wines
- provide information on health issues relating to wines and spirits
Progression Routes – Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Swiss Wine, the candidate may progress to the following qualifications:
Advanced Certificate in Swiss Wine: – This qualification is intended to provide core knowledge of the wide range of wines produced in Switzerland. The qualification is designed for trade and hospitality employees working in a supervisory capacity who need to advise management, answer customer queries authoritatively, or make informed selections of Swiss Wines in a variety of situations
The WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines: – The WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines offers a wider coverage of the world’s wines, with a specific focus on tasting technique
Our Operations Management Courses:
- Advanced Wine Service Skills
- Beverage and Wine List Development
- Performance Analysis for Wine and Beverage Lists
- Manage Cellar and Beverage Operations