During the course of 2018, we will be including the Institute of Brewing and Distilling qualifications to our course offering:
- Fundamentals: Individuals who are not directly working in production (HR, Sales, Accounts, etc.).
- General Certificate: Individuals looking to start or currently working in production.
- Diploma: Individuals working at management level in production.
- Masters: Individuals working in high level management across production, planning, procurement and purchasing.
Fundamentals of Brewing & Packaging:Typical candidates are those working in sales, marketing, HR, and finance who would benefit from background knowledge in packaging. The Fundamentals of Brewing & Packaging (FBPB) requires a basic knowledge of the processes used to produce and package the many types of beer consumed worldwide. The production of most beer styles involves many common features and the purpose of this qualification is to provide a basic grounding in the technical features of brewing and packaging of beers for both production personnel and for people employed in brewery companies (and related industries), but in non-technical roles.
- Study time: you will need to allocate 50 hours of study for this qualification
- Set at NQF / IQF Level 2 for this qualification
General Certificate in Packaging: The General Certificate in Packaging gives international recognition of the basic, under-pinning scientific knowledge and understanding in the principles of packaging operations.
- Study time: you will need to allocate 80 hours of study for this qualification
- Set at NQF / IQF Level 3 for this qualification
Diploma in Packaging: The Diploma in Packaging examination is a measure of the candidate’s theoretical knowledge of packaging science and technology. The objective of the Diploma in Packaging is to give international recognition of comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the principles of packaging science and technology.
- Study time: you will need to allocate 360 hours of study for this qualification
- Set at NQF / IQF Level 4 for this qualification (First / second year of a science degree)
N.B. Please note that we do not, as yet offer all the IBD qualifications but aim to do over the coming years. All the IBD courses are currently only available in the English language