In Spring 2018, we will be including the Institute of Brewing and Distilling qualifications to our course offering:
- Foundation: Individuals who are not directly working in production (HR, Sales, Accounts, etc.).
- General Certificate: Individuals looking to start or currently working in production.
- Diploma: Individuals working at management level in production.
- Masters: Individuals working in high level management across production, planning, procurement and purchasing.
Foundations of Distilling: This qualifications is suitable for all non-technical personnel employed in the distilling industry who would benefit from background knowledge in spirit production and for those who have just commenced their technical or production careers.
- Study time: you will need to allocate 50 hours of study for this qualification
- Set at NQF / IQF Level 2 for this qualification
General Certificate in Distilling: The General Certificate in Distilling gives international recognition of the basic, under-pinning scientific knowledge and understanding in the principles of distilling operations.
- Study time: you will need to allocate 80 hours of study for this qualification
- Set at NQF / IQF Level 3 for this qualification
Diploma in Distilling: The Diploma in Distilling examination is a measure of the candidate’s theoretical knowledge of distilling science and technology. The objective of the Diploma in Distilling is to give international recognition of comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the principles of distilling science and technology.
- Study time: you will need to allocate 360 hours of study for this qualification
- Set at NQF / IQF Level 4 for this qualification (First / second year of a science degree)
Master Distiller: The Master Distiller is the highest level of distilling qualification offered by the IBD. It is a measure of the level of a candidate’s competence in the technical management of the distilling processes. Although they are competence-based assessments, it is essential that the candidate has a background which includes a detailed technical knowledge of the scientific theory and principles that underpins the process.
- Study time: you will need to allocate 3 to 5 years of study post diploma for this qualification
- Set at NQF / IQF Level 7 for this qualification (degree or masters degree)
N.B. Please note that we do not, as yet offer all the IBD qualifications but aim to do over the coming years. All the IBD courses are currently only available in the English language